1. Open up the Institution Admin dashboard. If you do not have access to the institution you need to create a group for, impersonate a user who does have access.
2. Go to the Groups tab and click on the "New Group" button. If you're going to make one group at a time, select "New Group" from the drop-down list; if you want to create multiple group simultaneously, click on "Upload Multiple" to upload a CSV of group information.
To create one group, follow these instructions:
3. On this first page, give your group a name. If you'd like for every user in this group to have the same end date for their Study Plan, set the "Preset Study Plan Completion Date" field; otherwise, click on the "Next" button to continue.
4. On the next page, select the instructor(s) you would like to add to the group by clicking on the checkbox next to their name, then clicking on the "Add to Group" button. When you're done, click on the "Next" button.
5. Now, do the same for students - check the boxes next to the students you'd like to add to the group and click on the "Add to Group" button. Finally, click on the "Finish" button.
To create multiple groups, follow these instructions:
6. Select "Upload Multiple" from the drop-down list instead of "New Group."
7. Create a CSV file in Excel that follows the guidelines shown here. In addition to creating groups, you can also use this CSV to upload new students or instructors.
8. Select a contract that any new users created by this CSV will be part of (if your institution only has one active contract, it is selected by default). Check the box next to the course(s) those new users should gain access to.
9. Upload the CSV and click on the "Upload" button. If you receive an error message, check your file for errors and try again.